An approachable, intuitive, and friendly teacher with a passion for Pilates and 13 years of personal practice experience. With no previous background in the industry it was Karenís enthusiasm and desire that earned her a place on the Pilates Teacher Training course with Anoushka Boone of the Pilates Foundation. Following the extensive 14 month training and exam process Karen qualified as a Pilates matwork teacher in September 2009.
Karen's dedication to learn and grow as a teacher has lead to further training to become a studio equipment teacher. Initially training with Body Control gaining Reformer Level 1 Teaching certification. Then going on to to train with Madeleine Backlund at Backlund Pilates to complete the REPS and SkillsActive Accredited Studio Apparatus Certification in December 2013.
As a member of the Pilates Foundation you have a commitment to continued personal development Specialist workshops attended to date:
- Therapeutic Pilates for Neck Issues
- Lower back pain Lab with Dianne Wise from the Kane School of Core Intergration, NY
- Designing Flow in your Mat classes with Rael Isacowitz
- Developing your Mat classes: exploring with balls
- Integral anatomy with Gil Hedley
- Garuda with James DíSilva
- Pilates exercises for the Swayback posture
- Pilates for seniors
- Pilates and Osteoporosis
- Pre/Post natal Pilates
- Pilates for Scoliosis
- Eric Franklin Workshop
- Discovering Classical Matwork
- Reading bodies and finding solutions with Classical Pilates
- Hypermobile Clients with MeJo Wiggin
- Working with a beginner client with Jay Grimes - Pilates Elder, directly trained by Joseph Pilates
- The Classical Syllabus Beginner to Intermediate March 2015 with MeJo Wiggin
In addition to Pilates Karen also trained and qualififed to teach Booty Barre in 2012. For more information about Booty Barre classes select Booty Barre above.
Karen has full professional commercial insurance with Balens Insurance and holds a current First Aid certificate.